Logistics are so tedious! Never thought about how much work it takes to organise an experiment before, especially one with many participants. Imagine having to reply to more than 100 emails from people interested to take part. Of course, that's much better than having no emails to reply to so I'm not complaining. Not that much anyway. haha
And before you say anything, yes I know you can type multiple email addresses and mass-send an email I'm not THAT much of a computer idiot though I admit that I am one. So that's what I did, painstakingly copy and pasted every email address, all 100+ of them, only to be told, when I clicked "send", that I have too many recepients listed and it didn't get delivered to anybody. Luckily, I prepared for such an event; copy and pasted my email draft including all the addresses and into Word. Why am I telling you all these anyway?
Oh well, then I had to wait for people to reply with their preferred slots and allocate them and then send out another email to tell them which slot they are allocated to. And you know what? Yesterday was the 1st day of my experiment and there were 4 no-shows. No explanation, no notification. How fucking irresponsible! These people are forever black-listed! hahaha
So the past few days were basically hell. Spent whole days sitting in front of my laptop and refreshing my mail every few minutes so I can arrange the schedule quicker and plan how to arrange the people into the various slots. Phew. And out of everyone involved in my experiment, I'm the only one not getting paid! :(
Ok, enough complaining cos I'm not a whiner. Keep your opinions to yourself if you think otherwise. hahaha
So anyway, I did this survey about the NUS career service centre today and it got me thinking about what I'm gonna do after graduation, which frankly, I haven't given much thought. I'm actually toying with the idea of just taking one whole year off after graduation to do some voluntary work overseas. Probably Cambodia or Vietnam cos the people there speak French or maybe one of the Francophone countries in Africa? Other than that it's prob get a job or go to grad school (can get a scholarship at NUS if I manage to pull my CAP up to 2nd upper and that's a big IF). Judging by the horrifying level 4 psych classes I've taken, I don't think they'll get any easier :(.
Wow it's late. Hope I didn't bore anybody to sleep with this post. If anybody even reads till the end. hahahaha
Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment