Watched the 2nd half of The Last Samurai for my Japanese history tutorial class and I'll say again what I said the first time I saw it:
It's ridiculous that the hero of the movie is this American dude who somehow managed to master the use of the sword and the ways of the samurai AND Japanese in the span of a few months. And, like the American hero he's supposed to be, he urged the samurai to rebel against the new laws. Like, what?? Couple that with the corny lines and you get your typical Hollywood blockbuster. If I didn't have control over my eye muscles I think my eyes will be permanently rolled upwards now from rolling it too much throughout the movie.
Oh, and my lecturer DOES look a bit like Tom Cruise. hahahahahahahaha
Ok that's my review. Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment