Monday, May 31, 2010

So I'm now a graduate...

As is mentioned in the title of this post, I've officially graduated from NUS. I was actually prepared to stay for another semester because there was a chance that I might not pass a final since I didn't study for it (read: out with the bandies the whole day before that final) but it turns out that it's not that easy to fail a module in NUS. Truth be told, a part of me did kinda look forward to another semester in school. I've even thought of what classes to take (Forensic Science and French 5, even checked to see if they would be available) but it looks like now I have to start looking or employment instead.

That presents a challenge because I have no idea what I want to do and at the same time, I don't want a job for the sake of having to have a job, i.e., I want a job which I actually enjoy doing, and since I have no idea what I want to do... well, that's just a circular problem isn't it?

Sometimes I wish that I could be a "professional student", like my Turkish friend Muge because, let's face it, that's what the Singaporean education system has trained us to do: develop strategies to study smart.

No comments: