Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why can't people just shut the fuck up in the library?

Been doing my work in the library quite often these days, usually in the 5th & 6th floors, the so-called quiet areas. It bothers me that people are so inconsiderate such that they don't even bother to lower their voices when they speak. Like, I can understand if you need to take a break sometimes and have a chat with your friend. The least you can do is to lower your voices but no, they speak in the normal volume. WTF. And the thing is, they see me shooting them dirty looks and still continue doing it!

There was this group of people who were actually having their project discussion in the 5th floor quiet area and they were speaking at their normal volume. After about an hour I couldn't take it anymore and went over to tell them to keep their voices down. They at least had the decency to say ok. After a while, I went to the canteen to have dinner and went I got back, they were speaking at a normal volume again. They are undergrads, which means that they have to be at least 18 years old but their behaviour tells me otherwise. Like, hello, this is not primary or secondary school where you only keep quiet cos you'll get punished if you don't. You're an adult now for goodness sakes and people expect you to have the maturity and responsibility to shut up when you're supposed to on your own.

There was another time when I was in lecture and I was sitting at the back cos it's very cold in front. These 2 girls started chatting to each other about manicures and how to D.I.Y a french manicure. This went on for about 15 mins. Unfortunately, I have a low attention span and can't just shut them out so I turned around and stared at them. They shut up and then one girl whispered to her friend, thinking I can't hear her, saying,"if she wants to listen then she should sit in front what." WTF the point is not where you sit, you dumb bitch, it's that this is a lecture and if you want to spend it talking about bloody fucking manicures then why did you even go to lecture in the 1st place? PISSED OFF.

Ok, now that I've vented, let's talk about happier things. My birthday's coming! Gonna get money from my parents for my birthday like I always do. It shall go towards my Mediterranean trip next summer. Can't wait! Oh and I just bought the tickets for the Halloween Rave Underground party, which promises to be a lot of fun! Yay can't wait!

No comments: